Kids in Nature Lesson Plans and Resources
KIN has developed curriculum materials to compliment our activities and lesson plans. To get your own copy of some of these materials and lesson plans, please use the links below.
KIN Lesson Plans
Cheadle Center for Biodiversity and Ecological Restoration
Coal Oil Point
Additional Curriculum Materials
General Botany Lesson Plans
The following lesson plans complement the information found in the Esau Digital Archive and are aligned with the Next Generation Science Stanadards and the national science content standards for grades K-8. Each lesson contains objectives, materials list, key vocabulary, activities, and assessment. Lesson packets come with teacher and student worksheets and colorful images that can be used in the lesson.
- Lesson 1 Categorizing Plants
- Lesson 2 Edible from Root to Flower to Fruit: Parts of a Plant
- Lesson 3 Leveraging Leaves for Learning
- Lesson 4 Inner Systems of Plants, or Tree Blood for Breakfast
- Lesson 5 Plant and Animal Cells