Through the preservation, enhancement, and restoration of natural areas around the UCSB campus, CCBER strives to fulfill a series of mutually supportive goals to:
- Protect and enhance native plant resources
- Promote regional biodiversity
- Preserve ecological function in urbanized areas
- Advocate conscientious awareness of natural resources
- Provide education through research, internships, courses, seminars, workshops, and interpretive media
CCBER also offers ecological oversight, outreach, and scientific services for other departments on campus. Please, visit the Earth Research Institute (ERI) for current information about services and recharge rates.